- Comes with a US plug
- Features PP+ABS materials which are healthy for chicks
- Ambient temperature ranges from 10 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Celsius
- Measures 35.5cm x 19cm x 17.5cm and can hold up to 12 eggs
- Package includes incubator along with a power cable, US plug, and user manual
Eggs Turn Automatically – This is a fabulous feature, one which is vital to protect the developing embryos. I couldn’t see it working when I watched, because the eggs turn very slowly. But I could hear it, and when I checked back later in the day, I could see that the eggs had definitely rotated.
Temperature Controlled Automatically – A button allows you to manually set the temperature, and then the unit will adjust as needed throughout the day to provide the developing chicks with a safe and healthy environment in which to grow.
LED Display Is Easy to Read – On the LED display, you can read the current temperature at a glance. There is a flashing light which alerts you should the temperature fall below the optimum lowest setting.
Option to Add an External Thermometer or Hydrometer – The lid has a hole so you can insert a secondary hydrometer or thermometer. When I checked the temperature with an external thermometer, I was pleased to see it was a perfect match for what the LED display said. I strongly suggest adding a hydrometer so you can keep track of the humidity levels.
- Ridiculously Easy to Use – This is as close to “set and forget” as you are going to find.
- Easy to Keep Clean – You need to clean the incubator between uses. I found this hassle-free since the parts are so basic.
- The Right Balance of Automation and Manual Control – You have enough manual control with this unit to use it for a variety of different types of eggs, but the automated features allow for hands-off operation.
- Confusing Manual – Like many reviewers, I found the manual quite convoluted considering how simple the device actually is to use. A little online research, however, and you should be good to go.
- Low Capacity – There are incubators out there that can easily handle twice as many eggs, but if you only need to hatch a few at a time, this unit is perfect.
- You Need to Be Mindful of the Humidity Levels – You have to keep a close eye on the humidity levels and replenish the water as needed to successfully hatch your eggs.
Who the Magicfly Digital Mini Automatic Egg Incubator is Best For
The automatic features make this an excellent option if you have a busy work schedule and cannot always be there to constantly turn your eggs and adjust their temperature.
You will be hard-pressed to find another egg incubator which is as easy to use or well-received as this one. Reviews are spotty for a lot of competing products, but they are solid for this one, and there is a ton of feedback. My experiences testing the Magicfly Digital Mini Automatic Egg Incubator were well in line with what I read before trying it. I am very impressed with the ease-of-use and versatility of this incubator and can give it my hearty recommendation.
Related Posts :
Last update on 2017-07-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API